Whether you are requesting a federal loan, scholarship, or other funding it is always best to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have sufficient funding as you begin your program. Do not wait until you are accepted into the program as this can cause unforeseen delays.
Checklist for Federal Aid
Requesting a Federal Student Loan
Federal Student Loans are not need-based which means your income information does not affect your eligibility. Be sure to factor in tuition and other costs国产偷拍视频 when requesting the amount of aid to borrow.
- – If you have never filed a FAFSA before, you will need to create an FSA ID, which can take a few days to arrive. Be sure to submit the correct FAFSA year based on your desired start term. Fielding Graduate University’s school code: G20961.
- – You must have Graduate Entrance Counseling and a Loan Agreement/Master Promissory Note (MPN) on record in order to request a Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan. If you have had federal loans in the past, you may already have completed them. The credit-based Federal Direct PLUS loan is available to students who have reached their annual or lifetime maximum limit on their Unsubsidized loans or need additional funding to cover tuition costs. You will need to have a current approved PLUS loan request and a PLUS MPN to receive a PLUS loan.
- – Complete the Direct Loan Request Form and submit it to the financial aid office at Fielding by scan & email to email@example.com or by fax at 805.690.4339.
Desired Start Term
|Summer 2020||2019 – 2020||February 20, 2020|
|Fall 2020||2020 – 2021||TBD|
Applying for Scholarships
Applicants should submit the FAFSA by the priority deadline to be considered for any Fielding scholarships available to new students.
International applicants, please use the in place of the FAFSA.
Deadlines and application requirements vary widely for External Scholarship Programs.
Tips for Scholarship Applications
- Read the Instructions & Follow Them – Obvious, but this is the most important step. Make sure that you provide the information requested and submit by the deadline.
- Review Letters of Recommendation Before Submission – If possible, review any requested letters of recommendation before they are submitted. It may help the person recommending you to have a brief list of your accomplishments and why you are applying for the particular scholarship.
- Be Concise – Scholarship committees read many applications, and if they give a word count limit, make sure that you stick with it.
Applying for Other Funding
国产偷拍视频We accept many other types of funding, such as Canadian student loans, private student loans, and Alaska loans. We will work with you to meet the requirements of other funding sources.